Yet another one of the amazing ads…on some local wedding forums…
Hi, we are having our June/July Promotions:
We are providing an AD Wedding Package for just only S$588.00 which includes:
1. 18 hours of wedding photography works with 2 photographers attached to you.
2. 300 pieces of 4R with album and unlimited shots on DVD ROM.
3. Free studio and outdoor shoots with images edited and burn into DVD ROM.
My thought, this fella is trying to grow his portfolio or what? Who dare to be his test subjects? Wedding is one in a life time thing, cannot re-enact unlike studio pics.. What is this guy thinking
I run the wedding day with you.
0430 ~ 0700: The bride wakes up for her makeup. Usually, the photographer will arrive the same time. Give or take, 6am
And the day starts till about 1ish to 2ish..then break till about 6.30pm and then shoot till about 11.30pm.
Phew! A whole day gone and imagine this! two photographers? Cost of 300 prints: 0.25/print, total cost $75.
So, 588- 75- 20(album cost)-5(DVD Cost) = $488. Shared by 2 photographers…each gets 244 and for 18 hours coverage…guess what… 13.5/hr! Goodness! Ya, it sure beats working at Macdonald’s..but this guy obviously forgotten the following
1. Time to travel
2. Travelling Expenses
3. Camera Equipment Depreciation(The need to buy a spare set of cameras, lens, flashes, CF Cards)
4. Time for post processing ( Every piece of photo is your advertisement, someone once told me, I couldn’t agree more!) ~ Typically, I take up to 12 ~ 20 hours for my processing, etc.
So, the actual time spent, goodness, Mind boggling!!!!
18 hrs + 16 hrs(Post processing) + 10 hrs(Pics selection + printing, slotting into album, etc) + 2 hrs travel time = 46 hrs for one wedding…and 2 person = 92 man hour…
588 for 92 hours work = $6.125/hr (Wahahaha)
Think he better go work at Macdonald’s better at least no responsibilities. You finish your shift and you pack and go, in wedding photography, you are accountable to deliver…Don’t ruin someone’s biggest day..